Back to Category List
Nurse - LVN (5067) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Jary Barreto (Logan Heights)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Bring your nursing skills and dedication to helping others to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are experiencing a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable in an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Nurse – LVN/LPT
CRF Behavioral Health Nurses are client-centered, compassionate, dedicated team members who make a difference in the lives of the people they serve. They embrace the opportunity to work side-by-side with their clients, helping to make lasting changes that will improve quality of life, health, and wellness. Our START nurses are committed to providing excellence in psychiatric nursing care.
Program: Jary Barreto Crisis Center (San Diego)
Hours: 8 hours every other week; Saturday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or 4:00 pm to Midnight
Pay Rate: $28.00 per hour
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
As a CRF START nurse, you will be part of a team that assesses client’s mental and physical health, and develops treatment plans.
- Consult with psychiatrist and other health professionals as well as manage medications.
- Coordinate care with outside providers to assist in a long-term plan for obtaining medications and maintain care in the community for both mental and physical health.
- Safely store and handle medications and ensure the proper documentation is completed.
- Provide medication support services, which ensure optimal outcomes for your clients.
- Current California LVN/LPT license required and must be kept current and in good standing during employment
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be kept current during employment
- Previous experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Ability to physically and mentally assist in emergency situations is required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer