Back to Category List
Medical Records Specialist - Child, Youth, Family (4978) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Nueva Vista (Chula Vista)
Medical Records Specialist – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday with some evenings required.
Pay Rate: $16.00 to $19.00
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Nueva Vista Family Services is a children/youth outpatient program, which provides services to the South Bay region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties of the Medical Records Specialist
The Medical Records Specialist maintains all client medical records, ensures files are complete and accurate, as well as providing administrative support to the program office team.
- Reviews and reconciles client medical records for accuracy; tracks corrections to be made by therapists and communicates with the Program Director
- Provides reconciliation of billing records with progress notes
- Maintains all medical records and filing systems; provides record copies to staff upon request, and processes release of medical information pertaining to clients
- Provides Medi-Cal billing, coding, and reporting all aspects of the client’s medical record
- Audits and submits claims, determines Medi-Cal eligibility, daily data entry; reporting, tracking, and reconciling accounts receivable
- Assists the doctor with scheduling appointments and follow-up reminder calls to families
- Assists with front office clerical support as needed and works collaboratively with the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment, in children's mental health care patient administration environment, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- Working knowledge of medical terminology used in mental health programs required, as well as terms, concepts, and principles of privacy and confidentiality
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the CYF population is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. These benefits include:
- Generous paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision and other health and wellness benefits
- Free training and education
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for student loan repayment/forgiveness programs!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer