Back to Category List
Lead Clinician - Child, Youth, Family (4949) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Youth & Family Services (Kearny Mesa)
We are excited to announce our CYF programs have expanded to meet the mental health needs of the children and families in San Diego!
Offering new pay rates and bilingual differentials for many positions!
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday. Clinic hours are Monday and Wednesday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday, 11:00 am to 7:00 pm, Thursday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm, and Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Please note the license requirement for this position.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Located in San Diego, CA, Douglas Young Youth and Family Services is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the Central/North Central regions of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Services are provided in English and several threshold languages, using medical care, education, and family resources as appropriate.
Typical Duties for Lead Clinician:
As needed, will assist the Program Director and Assistant Program Director in the day-to-day clinical operations of the program.
- Provide therapeutic interventions to clients and/or family members in a collaborative and supportive environment, using individual, group and family modalities
- Conduct collateral interviews with schools, social services, probation, and other treatment providers and community service providers to support service plan objectives
- Assists with managing the program and ensures compliance with all County, CRF regulations
- Provides crisis intervention for clients and their families, and maintains all required documentation.
- As needed, supports management staff with training of practicum students to include but not limited to co-signing Cerner documentation, on-site support and consultation.
- May assist with coordination of care to program through collaboration with community and school partners and may act as liaison to program
- Master’s degree in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Licensed or licensed-eligible with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Strong clinical skills and minimum of 2 years of experience in working with severe emotional disturbance/co-occurring disorders is required
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Mental and Human Services requirements including documentation is required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. These benefits include:
- Generous paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Hours are M-F, no weekends or evenings
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision and other health and wellness benefits
- Free training and education
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for student loan repayment/forgiveness programs!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employee