Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (4945) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Casa Pacifica (Oceanside)
Mental Health Counselor (MA level) - Mental Health Services for Transitional Residential Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Pay Rate: $22.60 per hour
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in Oceanside, CA, Casa Pacifica is a transitional residential program that assists people with chronic mental illness and dual diagnosis to move towards recovery and independent living. It is a Full Service Partnership and offers clients mental health services including psychiatric care, assistance with medication management, individual and group therapy, vocational assistance, case management, and peer support.
The residential component of the program is 6 to 9 months long and graduates can participate in an alumni program that will assist in their transition to a more independent lifestyle.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Provide individual, group, and milieu therapy and medication support
- Conduct intakes, discharges, collateral contacts, treatment planning, crisis intervention, and facility monitoring
- Attend weekly URC and treatment meeting
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification is required and must be maintained during employment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Your well-being matters at CRF! Regular full-time eligible employees have access to great benefits:
- Up to 3 ½ weeks of paid time off per year
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and other health and wellness benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Retirement plan with generous employer contributions
- Graduates: You may qualify for our student loan/repayment/forgiveness programs!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist