Back to Category List
Administrative Assistant (4929) (Temporary, Part-time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (Mira Mesa)
Administrative Assistant (Temporary) - Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 20 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Thursday 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm. The duration of this temporary position is approximately 3 months.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant supports the Office Manager and/or Program Director to ensure the office operates efficiently and effectively. Performs a variety of clerical tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Full-service clerical and reception duties including greeting visitors, answering phones and screening calls, taking messages, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, opening and distributing mail and performing data entry
- Assists with front office management and operations as directed
- May assist with preparation of medical records
- May audit medical records for adherence to billing requirements
- Reporting and tracking information for program management
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the population is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer