Back to Category List
Discharge Planner (4864) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Del Sur (South Bay)
Discharge Planner – Mental Health Services for Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Hours: 32 or 40 hours per week; work schedule is Monday - Friday, morning shifts (8:00 am to 4:00 pm)
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted. Those who are currently in process of getting vaccinated are encouraged to apply.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Del Sur Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program that provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout south San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of Discharge Planner
- Assess discharge needs of each person served and coordinates discharge planning activities to ensure continuing care supports are in place as needed
- Collaborates with the treatment team to meet discharge goals
- May assist with initial screening and sign in process to the program as well as provide crisis intervention, discharge planning groups and outreach activities to residents at the program
- Represent the program/CRF within the community by developing linkages and relationships with other services providers
- Educate clients regarding supports and resources available
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling is required
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be current throughout employment
- Preferred: Extensive knowledge of San Diego resources for individuals with mental illness, substance use issues, and homelessness
- Minimum of two years of experience providing related services is ideal, but not required
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer