Back to Category List
Nurse - LVN (4858) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Esperanza (Escondido)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Bring your nursing skills and dedication to helping others to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable in an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Nurse – LVN/LPT
CRF Behavioral Health Nurses are client-centered, compassionate, dedicated team members who make a difference in the lives of the people they serve. They embrace the opportunity to work side-by-side with their clients, helping to make lasting changes that will improve quality of life, health, and wellness. Our START nurses are committed to providing excellence in psychiatric nursing care.
Program: Esperanza Crisis Center (Escondido)
Hours: 16 hours per week; Sunday and Monday, Midnight to 8:00 am.
Pay Rate: $28.00 per hour, plus shift differential
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted. Those who are currently in process of getting vaccinated are encouraged to apply.
As a CRF START nurse, you will be part of a team that assesses client’s mental and physical health, and develops treatment plans.
- Consult with psychiatrist and other health professionals as well as manage medications.
- Coordinate care with outside providers to assist in a long-term plan for obtaining medications and maintain care in the community for both mental and physical health.
- Safely store and handle medications and ensure the proper documentation is completed.
- Provide medication support services, which ensure optimal outcomes for your clients.
- Current California LVN/LPT license required and must be kept current and in good standing during employment
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be kept current during employment
- Previous experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Ability to physically and mentally assist in emergency situations is required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer