Back to Category List
Medical Billing / Data Specialist (4828) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Central Office (Mission Bay Park)
Medical Billing / Data Specialist – Adult Outreach Program
Hours: 24 hours per week, Monday – Friday
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted. Those who are currently in process of getting vaccinated are encouraged to apply.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. That means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Healthy Connect San Diego provides outreach and mobile case management to individuals in Central and Eastern San Diego County. This program provides outreach, comprehensive physical and behavioral health mobile case management, health promotion, individual and family support, and referrals to community housing and social support services.
Typical Duties of the Medical Billing / Data Specialist
This position is responsible for the utilization and management of all program outcome databases and Electronic Health Record, including service billing. Ensures timely and accurate data input, performs data validation and quality control checks, creates and generates reports, performs analysis and reconciliation of data. Tracks data related to outcome measures to monitor program compliance.
- Ensure that members served information, enrollment, disenrollment, eligibility information, outcome data, billing, and other pertinent information is inputted within specified time limits.
- Perform data validation and quality control checks.
- Perform tasks according to established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Oversee data collection, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- Provide data management and analysis of outcome measures and other contract measures.
- Assist with preparing and processing billing to the health plan
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Business, Social Work or related field preferred; or High School Diploma or Associate’s degree and equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge of current ICD-10 and CPT coding systems preferred
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medi-Cal insurances preferred
- 1+ year experience of utilizing medical databases, billing software, or electronic health records, data input and output and responsibility for related data integrity and analysis preferred
- Demonstrated strong communication (verbal and written), analytical, and organizational skills. Ability to type and create forms.
- 1+ year experience working with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work with minimum supervision, set work priorities, and function as a self-starter.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in using Electronic Health Systems (or knowledge of databases)
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer