Back to Category List
Case Manager, Clinical (4818) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Crossroads (El Cajon)
Case Manager – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 23 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Thursday, Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Tuesday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm; and Wednesday, 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
In order to create a workplace that meets maximum health and safety standards, CRF follows all mandated COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by the State of California, San Diego County, and the CDC. All new hires are required to show proof of completed vaccination before their first date of work, unless legally exempted. Those who are currently in process of getting vaccinated are encouraged to apply.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in El Cajon, CA, Crossroads Family Center is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the East Region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties of the Case Manager
- Promotes healthy development and positive outcomes for families through utilizing case management and rehabilitative strategies with a team of dedicated professionals
- Assists clients and families to build upon natural support systems and links individuals to other service agencies. Provides additional supportive services to assist with continuity of treatment, linkage to resources, transition from program to program, and transition from program to community resources
- Connects every client/family to a medical home as well as clinic, school, home, and community-based services
- Serves as an advocate for the client and family
- Creates and maintains all required documents in the electronic and paper record systems
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in a mental health related field (Child and Adolescent experience preferred)
- Experience working with children and adolescents with severe emotional disturbance in a public mental health setting
- Knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation
- Bilingual Spanish: Ability to read, write, speak fluently is strongly preferred
- Ability to make assessments, design treatment plans and document accordingly
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments and meet productivity goals
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer