Back to Category List
Paralegal (4805) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Central Office (Mission Bay Park)
Paralegal - Community Research Foundation
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday. This is a regular, full-time position with full benefit eligibility.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
What is CRF? We are a not-for-profit organization that provides services to San Diego County residents who are experiencing mental health crises or difficulties. Our company has over 30 locations throughout San Diego County, and has several different lines of services, with over 1,000 workforce members. We believe in excellence, collaboration, and teamwork throughout our organization. We are committed to our staff and their ability to learn and grow while providing much-needed services to our community.
Where will I be working?
Located at our Central Office in the Mission Bay area of San Diego, CA, Community Research Foundation is adding a new opportunity for a Paralegal to support our in-house legal team. Our Central office houses all administrative support departments, including Human Resources, Accounting and Payroll, Business Services, Information Technology, Facilities and Real Estate Management, and Housing services.
What will I be doing? As our paralegal, you will be providing support to our General Counsel. Specific duties include:
- Conduct research and prepare legal summaries
- Process legal documents, including but not limited to subpoenas, discovery requests, and litigation holds
- Oversee all aspects of HIPAA and HITECH Act compliance companywide in conjunction with the Company’s Privacy and Security officers
- Conduct analysis of reports, prepare risk analysis related to potential breaches of protected health information, and prepare related responses and communication
- Assist with drafting policies and procedures and provide training related to protected health information and HIPAA/HITECH Act compliance
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Represent the Company in small claims court proceedings as needed
What do I need to be successful?
- Paralegal Certificate or a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Pre-Law or Business). A JD is also acceptable as an alternative.
- Three to five years of experience as a Paralegal. Experience as an attorney is also acceptable as an alternative.
- Previous experience with HIPAA regulations is required; experience with employment law is a plus but is not required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications – Intermediate to advanced skills in Word; basic skills in Excel
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Why is CRF a Great Place to Work? CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. These benefits include:
- Excellent selection of quality health insurance plans
- Several dental insurance options
- Vision plan benefits
- Up to 19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) as well as 11 paid holidays per year
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Paid life insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Employee Assistance Program
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by
San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer