Back to Category List
Administrative Assistant (4776) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Administrative Assistant – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; Thursday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant supports the Office Manager and/or Program Director to ensure the office operates efficiently and effectively. Performs a variety of clerical tasks in a fast-paced environment. Duties include:
- Full-service clerical and reception duties including greeting visitors, answering phones and screening calls, taking messages, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, opening and distributing mail and performing data entry
- Assists with front office management and operations as directed
- Prepares medical records
- Audits medical records for adherence to Medi-Cal billing requirements
- Reporting and tracking information for program management
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the CYF population is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer