Back to Category List
Program Coordinator, Mental Health (4768) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Youth & Family Services (Kearny Mesa)
Program Coordinator – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: This is a temporary full-time salaried position. The duration of this temporary position is 3 months with benefits. Clinic hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 9:30 am to 6:00 pm; Thursday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm; and Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, Douglas Young Youth and Family Services is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the Central/North Central regions of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Services are provided in English and several threshold languages, using medical care, education, and family resources as appropriate.
Typical Duties of the Program Coordinator
- Assist with management of service delivery, contract compliance, employee management, program development, budgetary and fiscal management, quality assurance and improvement, and clinical oversight
- Provide therapeutic interventions to clients and/or family members in a collaborative and supportive environment, using individual, group, and family modalities
- Conduct collateral interviews with schools, social services, probation, and other treatment providers and community service providers to support service plan objectives
- Provides crisis intervention for clients and their families, and maintains all required documentation
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Co-signing documentation and consultation with new staff
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or higher in a mental health-related field
- Licensed or registered with the BBS as an LMFT, AMFT, LCSW, ASW or Psychologist required
- Minimum of two years of experience working with children and adolescents with severe emotional disturbance as well as co-occurring disorders is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is required
- Familiarity with the geographical region/demographics preferred
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer