Back to Category List
Triage Coordinator (4761) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Maria Sardinas (San Ysidro), South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Triage Coordinator – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday. This position is split between two programs: South Bay Guidance Center (60% of time) and Maria Sardinas Center (40% of time), both of which are located in south San Diego County.
Pay Rate: $31.00 per hour
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients.
You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Our South Bay Guidance Center and Maria Sardinas Center are adult outpatient programs that provide a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, crisis intervention and linking clients with ongoing community-based services.
Typical Duties of Triage Coordinator
- Responsible for initial screening and triage for urgent walk-in clients.
- Determine service eligibility and assesses safety concerns, coordinates and liaisons with the psychiatric staff on an on-going basis as the need arises.
- Provides crisis intervention to ensure safety of clients.
- Available to conduct initial behavioral health assessments.
- May determine diagnosis and/or change in diagnosis from current diagnosis utilizing the DSM-5.
- Assists in internal tracking of walk-ins and referrals from other programs, providing crisis intervention as needed.
- Assists the client in developing culturally appropriate client directed crisis plan.
- Assists clients in discharging planning as needed.
- Documents all services provided and maintains documentation in adherence to County guidelines.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Licensed as an Ph.D/Psy.D, LMFT or LCSW; license must be kept current during employment.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with persistent and serious mental illness
- Experience working in an urgent care or inpatient setting would be an advantage
- Understanding of psychosocial rehabilitation (PSR) and recovery principles, wrap-around models, and evidence-based practices
- Demonstration of ability to make assessments, design treatment plans, and document accordingly.
- Experience with Anasazi is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish (read, write, and speak)
- Good communication skills and strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer