Back to Category List
Medical Records Specialist (4759) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (Mira Mesa)
Medical Records Specialist – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 16 hours per week; Monday and Wednesday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Medical Records Specialist
The Medical Records Specialist maintains all client medical records, ensures files are complete and accurate, as well as providing administrative support to the program office team
- Reviews and reconciles client medical records for accuracy; tracks corrections to be made by therapists and communicates with the Program Director
- Provides reconciliation of billing records with progress notes
- Maintains all medical records and filing systems; provides record copies to staff upon request, and processes release of medical information pertaining to clients
- Provides billing, coding, and reporting all aspects of the client’s medical record
- Audits and submits claims, determines eligibility, daily data entry; reporting, tracking, and reconciling accounts receivable
- Assists the doctor with scheduling appointments and follow-up reminder calls to families
- Assists with front office clerical support as needed and works collaboratively with the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years’ experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment, preferably in mental health care patient administration environment, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- At least 6 months of experience working with medical records of clients, patients, residents or inmates in a mental health program/clinic, skilled nursing facility, acute care hospital, or correctional/detention facility within the last 2 years
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- Working knowledge of medical terminology used in mental health programs required, as well as terms, concepts, and principles of privacy and confidentiality
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program is desirable
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer