Back to Category List
PSR/Mental Health Counselor (4736) (Please Select)
Program/Location: Casa Pacifica (Oceanside)
PSR Specialist / Mental Health Counselor (Temporary) - Mental Health Services for Transitional Residential Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; available shifts are Monday - Friday, Midnight to 8:00 am OR Sunday - Thursday, Midnight to 8:00 am. The duration of this temporary position is 1 to 2 months, depending on program needs.
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist
Pay Rate: $19.75/hour (BA Level) or $22.60/hour (MA level)
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in Oceanside, CA, Casa Pacifica is a transitional residential program that assists people with chronic mental illness and dual diagnosis to move towards recovery and independent living. It is a Full Service Partnership and offers clients mental health services including psychiatric care, assistance with medication management, individual and group therapy, vocational assistance, case management, and peer support.
The residential component of the program is 6 to 9 months long and graduates can participate in an alumni program that will assist in their transition to a more independent lifestyle.
Typical Duties of the PSR Specialist
- Provide individual, group, and milieu therapy and medication support
- Conduct intakes, discharges, collateral contacts, treatment planning, crisis intervention, and facility monitoring
- Attend weekly URC and treatment meeting
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling required
- Minimum of four years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders; minimum of two years of experience with Master's degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification is required and must be maintained during employment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer