Back to Category List
Benefits Specialist (4691) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Central Office (Mission Bay Park)
Fantastic career opportunity if you are a Benefits Specialist who values excellence, collaboration, providing specialized support, and finding balance by appreciating laughter and wellness in the workplace!!! We offer competitive pay and terrific benefits in a fun, energetic and professional environment…
Community Research Foundation is a $60 million, non-profit organization that continues to grow as a leader in providing mental and behavioral health services throughout San Diego County.
Located at our Central Office in the Mission Bay Park area, our HR team’s functions include recruiting, benefits, employee relations, performance management, policy education, leave management, and HRIS management and metrics. We are very team focused and this position works closely with the Director and Manager of the Benefits & Analytics team that is part of the larger HR group.
The Benefits Specialist provides excellent customer support to over 1000 employees throughout San Diego County. This is a highly visible, hands-on position that is responsible for the entire benefits lifecycle for all employees. This professional works closely with CRF’s benefit broker and insurance providers to ensure a supportive experience for our dedicated employees. This position also supports data integrity and provides support for HRMS information.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Acts as the primary point person for all employee benefit enrollments during open enrollment and throughout the plan year, offering knowledgeable customer support to assist and educate employees on benefit and retirement plans and finalizing timely enrollments to the carriers.
- Responsible for processing all benefit related transactions including saving of data into HRMS and understanding how this information is accurately transmitted to payroll. Notifies carriers of election changes using electronic vendor feeds and verifies that changes have been posted. Acts as liaison between employees, carriers and brokers.
- Reconciles benefit invoices timely to ensure accurate payment of benefit premiums.
- Participates in benefit education activities, open enrollments, and monthly wellness committee meetings.
- Creates monthly benefit-related communications, including newsletters and flyers.
- Initiates and records employment changes and employee terminations into HRMS, ensuring data integrity.
- Presents monthly “Introduction to CRF” course welcoming new employees and explaining policies / procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required. Years of related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- At least two (2) years of Benefits administration experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills required
- Professional-level verbal and written communication abilities required
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office and computer skills, including Excel, Outlook and Word required. Experience with Excel pivot tables and v-lookups a big plus.
- HRMS experience is preferred
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. You are eligible for up to 19 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday time off; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental, paid life insurance, vision, and a really generous retirement plan. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Come join us!!
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer