Back to Category List
Administrative Assistant (4675) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Nueva Vista (Chula Vista)
Administrative Assistant – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family (CYF) Program
Hours: 25 hours per week, Monday - Friday; some evenings required.
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Nueva Vista Family Services is a children/youth outpatient program, which provides services to the South Bay region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties of the Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant supports the Office Manager and/or Program Director to ensure the office operates efficiently and effectively. Performs a variety of clerical tasks in a fast-paced environment. Duties include:
- Full-service clerical and reception duties including greeting visitors, answering phones and screening calls, taking messages, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, opening and distributing mail and performing data entry
- Assists with front office management and operations as directed
- Prepares medical records
- Audits medical records for adherence to Medi-Cal billing requirements
- Reporting and tracking information for program management
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the CYF population is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer