Back to Category List
PSR/Mental Health Counselor (4673) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward East (El Cajon)
PSR Specialist / Mental Health Counselor – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Step Forward programs at Community Research Foundation (CRF) are all about helping adults gain recovery and self-sufficiency by addressing underlying barriers to employment, housing, and healthy relationships. Our counselors guide participants who struggle with mental health issues, substance use problems, domestic violence and trauma, parenting challenges, and employment readiness.
We provide life skill training, supports, and coaching in a positive and encouraging environment. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in El Cajon, CA, Step Forward East provides a full range of behavioral health services for CalWORKs/Welfare-to-Work participants and their families. We work on reducing barriers toward employment, and we help parents and guardians to become self-sufficient and thrive. Services are provided for adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery.
Step Forward provides excellent training in the Mental Health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the PSR Specialist
- Conduct initial intake assessments for clients entering the Step Forward/CalWORKs treatment program and provide diagnosis, care coordination, and case management services
- In a welcoming atmosphere, conduct therapeutic interventions with clients and members of their family, through individual, group, and family modalities
- Re-evaluate and update client's diagnosis and treatment plan as needed
- Coordinate services with other support systems such as schools, social service programs, Welfare-to-Work, and treatment providers
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Conduct effective screenings and timely crisis intervention services with clients and their families on-site, or off-site.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology
- Registration with the BBS required
- Previous experience conducting Behavioral Health Screenings/Psychosocial Assessments for adults experiencing mild-moderate mental health symptoms, including substance use disorders is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish or Arabic preferred, but not required
- Knowledge and experience in County Health and Human Services documentation requirements and EHR systems strongly preferred
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer