Back to Category List
PSR/Mental Health Counselor (4603) (Per Diem)
Program/Location: Del Sur (South Bay)
COMMUNITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION (CRF)
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Our Crisis Centers provide intensive, community-based residential services for adults throughout San Diego County, 24 hours/7 days a week. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a significant psychiatric crisis that is not manageable on an outpatient basis. We provide services in a home-like environment that specializes in the bio-psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
CRF Job Title: PSR Specialist (Bachelor's or Master’s)
Program/Location: Del Sur Crisis Center (South San Diego)
Hours: Per Diem; shifts may include days (8:00 am to 4:00 pm), evenings (4:00 pm to Midnight), overnights (Midnight to 8:00 am) and weekend shifts.
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
As a PSR Specialist, you will meet the bio-psychosocial needs of clients by providing indicated behavioral health services, case management services and/or crisis intervention, and documents services appropriately. This is an excellent opportunity to work with dually diagnosed adults.
- Acts as admission coordinator and/or team lead when designated. (Master's level)
- Conducts initial behavioral health assessments of new clients. (Master's level)
- Provides individual contacts, group, and milieu psychosocial behavior health services and activities for clients within scope of practice.
- Assists clients with discharge planning and conducts care coordination. Works closely with various providers in the region or system to facilitate access to services.
- Consults and coordinates with family and/or support system regarding client treatment and discharge planning.
- Conducts crisis intervention and risk assessment. Is a first responder to intervene in crises when needed and indicated at the program in order to ensure the safety of clients and staff.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling is required
- License-eligible or registered in CA with the BBS preferred, but not required
- 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment; can be obtained prior to starting work
- Previous experience with County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
- Intermediate level in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and highly organized
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer