Back to Category List
Intern to Employee - Jary Barreto Crisis Center (On Call)
Program/Location: Jary Barreto (Logan Heights)
INTERN TO EMPLOYEE OPPORTUNITY - Jary Barreto Crisis Center
PSR Specialist – Mental Health Services for Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Hours: On Call
A Great Way to Transition to Employment
In line with Community Research Foundation’s commitment to inspire and mentor the next generation of mental health professionals, we are pleased to announce an Intern to Employee job opportunity to work as an on-call Mental Health Counselor/PSR Specialist in one of our Short Term Acute Residential Treatment Programs. The position is available upon completion of your practicum/internship in CRF.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Jary Barreto Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program that provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout San Diego County.
As part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will have the opportunity to apply what you have learned during your practicum to address each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
You will have the opportunity to perform the following duties as PSR Specialist:
- Conduct initial psychological assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conduct individual and group counseling/psychotherapy sessions
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Excellent opportunity to work with dually-diagnosed adults
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a CRF intern/Practicum student who has completed all his/her intern/practicum requirements.
- Must be able to present proof of completion of all academic requirements pending award of a Master’s degree or proof of credential for the minimum education requirement of the position;
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer