Back to Category List
Medical Records Specialist (4557) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Crossroads (El Cajon)
Medical Records Specialist – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week. Clinic hours are Monday, Thursday, & Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, and Wednesday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
Located in El Cajon, CA, Crossroads Family Center is a children/youth outpatient program which provides services to the East region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties of the Medical Records Specialist
The Medical Records Specialist maintains all client medical records, ensures files are complete and accurate, as well as providing administrative support to the program office team.
- Reviews and reconciles client medical records for accuracy; tracks corrections to be made by therapists and communicates with the Program Director
- Provides reconciliation of billing records with progress notes
- Maintains all medical records and filing systems; provides record copies to staff upon request, and processes release of medical information pertaining to clients
- Provides Medi-Cal billing, coding, and reporting all aspects of the client’s medical record
- Audits and submits claims, determines Medi-Cal eligibility, daily data entry; reporting, tracking, and reconciling accounts receivable
- Assists the doctor with scheduling appointments and follow-up reminder calls to families
- Assists with front office clerical support as needed and works collaboratively with the program team
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years’ experience in customer service in a fast-paced environment, preferably in mental health care patient administration environment, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- Working knowledge of medical terminology used in mental health programs required, as well as terms, concepts, and principles of privacy and confidentiality
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program serving the CYF population is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish is also preferred
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer