Back to Category List
Training Event Planner - PERT (4546) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Training Event Planner – Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT)
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF & PERT: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
The Psychiatric Emergency Response Team (PERT) is a division of Community Research Foundation (CRF) and is in partnership with San Diego County Health and Human Services, San Diego County Law Enforcement, and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI San Diego). PERT contributes to the well-being of individuals with mental illness by actively and compassionately assisting individuals in crisis who come to the attention of law enforcement to access appropriate services and to optimize outcomes through on-scene assessments and referrals.
PERT is based throughout San Diego County, and is housed in various locations. PERT teams are comprised of specially-trained law enforcement officers and deputies who are paired with PERT mental health clinicians. These special teams respond to mental health crises in the community and perform on-site assessments and evaluations to ensure the person in crisis receives the most appropriate form of care.
Typical Duties of the Training Event Planner
This position involves assisting PERT operations in the primary capacity of coordination of the administrative training needs of PERT Academy and PERT staff. A secondary role responsibility involves duties of PERT Administrative Office assignments as designated by the Office Manager.
- Coordinating and scheduling of first responder training events and presenters
- Developing a training schedule in concert with the Director, Assistant Program Director, and Law Enforcement/Community Liaison
- Consulting with Director regarding training venues based on cost and quality
- Publicizing and promoting training events
- Establishing and maintaining communication links with all San Diego County first responder training coordinators
- Maintaining PERT staff training records and providing reports to PERT Administration
- Communicating with staff regarding training events and requirements
- High School diploma with 2 years of office experience
- Event planning experience required
- Demonstrated professional level of organizational and communication skills
- Intermediate level computer skills, including MS Office
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer