Back to Category List
Parent Partner (4536) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Nueva Vista (Chula Vista)
Parent Partner – Mental Health Services for Children, Youth and Family Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday; some evenings required.
CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in Chula Vista, CA , Nueva Vistas Family Center is a child, youth, and family outpatient program which provides clinic, school, home, and field-based services to the South Bay region of San Diego County. We provide a range of services including crisis intervention, individual, family, and group therapy, medication support, rehabilitation, case management and drug and alcohol services while incorporating the family systems and wrap-around approach. We provide mental health services to children and youth with Medi-Cal and Healthy Families Funding as well as those who are uninsured and underinsured.
Typical Duties of the Parent Partner
- Provides individual, parent/caregiver and family services in the clinic and/or community setting, including schools, homes, community centers, faith-based programs, or where the family/caregiver feels most comfortable
- Works to destigmatize mental illness and serious emotional disturbance in children and youth
- Provides education to caregivers about the effectiveness of treatment when caregivers are involved in family therapy
- Works with caregivers to be change agents in communicating and increasing involvement between family members
- Provides additional support to families and ensures that the treatment planning contains measurable objectives for each child/youth receiving services
- Assists the multi-disciplinary team to better accommodate the family needs in order to foster consistent and meaningful family participation
- Provides outreach to the community in the form of education on program services
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Direct experience as a caregiver of a child/youth that is currently or has received services from a public mental health setting
- Is able to demonstrate education and/or life experience commensurate with the job duties
- Previous supervised working experience with children, youth, or family behavioral health services
- Basic knowledge/proficiency with a computer, including Word and Excel software. Experience with Anasazi EHR is a plus
- Previous experience with County Health and Human Service requirements and documentation is helpful
- Fluency in Spanish (reading, speaking, writing) is preferred, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer