Back to Category List
Lead Clinician - TAY (4531) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Douglas Young Clinic (Mira Mesa)
Lead Clinician - TAY (Temporary) – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 32 hours per week; Monday - Friday. The duration of this temporary position is 3 to 4 months with benefits.
CRF Internal Job Title: Lead Clinician - TAY
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Douglas Young Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders. This program is located in the Mira Mesa area of San Diego County.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports..
Typical Duties for the Lead Clinician - TAY (Transitional Aged Youth):
The TAY Lead Clinician provides psychosocial rehabilitation interventions and services to clients between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Conducts evaluations, screenings, assessments, crisis interventions, and case management
- Participates in the clinical delivery of the team’s psychosocial rehabilitation services, including developing individual service plans and coordinating community resources to maximize optimal health outcomes
- Available for consultations and serve as a responder in crisis interventions
- Leads daily organizational treatment team meetings
- Ensures compliance with all County and CRF regulations
- Master’s degree in a mental health related field such as Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling
- Registered or licensed-eligible with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS)
- Strong clinical skills and two years of previous experience working with adults with severe emotional disturbance and co-occurring disorders in an outpatient or walk-in model is strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in County Health and Human Services documentation requirements strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel;
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified professional
and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing review.
Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer