Back to Category List
Discharge Planner (4529) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Del Sur (South Bay)
Discharge Planner – Mental Health Services for Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; work schedule may include weekend shifts.
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Located in San Diego, CA, the Del Sur Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program that provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout south San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of Discharge Planner
- Assess discharge needs of each person served and coordinates discharge planning activities to ensure continuing care supports are in place as needed
- Collaborates with the treatment team to meet discharge goals
- May assist with initial assessments and admission to the program as well as provide screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and outreach activities to residents at the program
- Represent the program/CRF within the community and counsel clients regarding supports and resources available
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling is required
- License, license-eligible or registered with the BBS desirable, but not required
- First Aid/CPR certification required and must be current throughout employment
- Must have extensive knowledge of San Diego resources for individuals with mental illness, substance use issues, and homelessness
- Minimum of two years of experience providing related services is ideal
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer