Back to Category List
Case Manager / Mobile Outreach Clinician (4528) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Heartland (El Cajon)
Case Manager / Mobile Outreach Clinician – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient
Hours: 40 hours per week; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday), 11:00 am - 7:00 pm (Wednesday)
CRF Internal Job Title: Case Manager
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better! We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company.
Come join us!
Located in El Cajon, CA, Heartland Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program located in the East County region of San Diego County which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Case Manager / Mobile Outreach Clinician
- Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with community agencies, such as hospitals, emergency rooms, START programs, and recovery centers.
- Ensures smooth transition of potential clients from partnering agencies into mental health services at the clinic.
- At least 50% of time will be in the field including but not limited to East County hospitals and START programs conducting screenings, assessments, care coordination, and case management services with referred individuals.
- At least 50% of time will be field/program based case management and care coordination services for existing clients.
- Works with Peer Specialist (Mobile Outreach) to promote engagement of referred clients.
- Acts as a liaison between referring agencies and the clinic to coordinate treatment for new clients.
- Promotes healthy development and positive outcomes for clients through utilizing case management and rehabilitative strategies with a team of dedicated professionals
- Assists clients and families to build upon natural support systems and link individuals to other service agencies. Provides additional supportive services to assist with continuity of treatment, linkage to resources, transition from program to program, and transition from program to community resources
- Connects every client/family to a medical home as well as clinic, home, and community-based services
- Serves as an advocate for the client and family
- Creates and maintains all required documents in the electronic and paper record systems
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field is required
- Licensed, Waivered Psychologist, or licensed-eligible credential required
- Experience working with transitional-aged youth, adults, and older adults with mental health challenges is required
- Knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review.
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified
professional and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing
review. Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer