Back to Category List
Representative Payee / Medical Records Specialist (4522) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Adelante (Chula Vista)
Representative Payee / Medical Records Specialist – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. This position is a combination of two roles: Representative Payee and Medical Records Specialist.
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. We are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
Located in Chula Vista, CA, the Adelante Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults in the South Bay Region of the County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Representative Payee (primary role)
- Provide bookkeeping/accounting support to the trust account(s) established for clients for whom CRF is representative payee
- Prepare and distribute reports on all accounts; maintains and records all deposits and disbursements related to the trust account(s)
- Maintain files of all cash disbursements to clients; secures authorized signatures for requested checks
- Meet with clients directly to discuss their finances and financial requests
- Complete progress notes to capture services provided
- Assist with front office clerical support and administrative support (answering phones, greeting clients) as needed and works collaboratively with the program team
Typical Duties of the Medical Records Specialist (secondary role)
- Review and reconcile client medical records for accuracy; tracks corrections to be made by therapists and communicates with the Program Director
- Provide reconciliation of billing records with progress notes
- Maintain all medical records and filing systems; provides record copies to staff upon request, and processes release of medical information pertaining to clients
- Provide billing, coding, and reporting all aspects of the client’s medical record
- Audit and submit claims, determines eligibility, daily data entry; reporting, tracking, and reconciling accounts receivable
- Assist the doctor with scheduling appointments and follow-up reminder calls to families
- Assist with front office clerical support as needed and works collaboratively with the program team
- High school diploma/GED required
- Two years of experience in customer service in a fast paced environment preferably in mental health care patient administration environment
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program or medical office serving the population is desirable
- Experience with Quickbooks is required
- Previous medical billing experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology used in mental health programs required, as well as terms, concepts and principles of privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in your community and in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer