Back to Category List
Employment Specialist (4500) (Temporary, Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Corner Clubhouse (North Park)
Employment Specialist (Temporary) – Clubhouse and Self-Help Services
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday. 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. The duration of this temporary position is 90 days.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. That means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in San Diego, CA, Corner Clubhouse is a self-help rehabilitation services program which provides a variety daily living activities and opportunities for vocational training and development.
Our members receive support and guidance to allow them to integrate into the community and promote independence.
Typical Duties of the Employment Specialist
- Versed in the Individual Placement and Support Model (IPS) Model.
- Conducts employment assessments and assists clients in linkage to school, volunteering or employment opportunities.
- Works with various businesses and agencies in the community to build relationships for purposes of job development and placement.
- Assists the client in developing vocational goals, prioritizing areas of need, and steps needed to reach employment goals established, as well as identified areas of strength.
- At least two days a week are mobile/field work developing relationships with employers and supporting members.
- Continually monitors progress towards goals and supports client’s efforts toward competitive employment and self-sufficiency.
- Attend meetings related to vocational services.
- Ensure program is in compliance with Scope of Work outcome measure expectations regarding number of clients participating in preparation and pursuit of competitive employment.
- Educate team members on the Individual Placement and Support Model (IPS) and vocational services so that they may increase the quality of these services to clients.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed and indicated at the program in order to ensure the safety of clients, other members, and staff. Informs/consults program management regarding crises and/or unusual or critical incidents.
- Documents all services provided and maintains documentation in accordance with established policies and procedures and the Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Model in accordance with IPS Model standards.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a social services or other related field
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Minimum of 1 year of experience providing employment and/or vocational services in a social services setting required
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services preferred, but not required
- Intermediate level computer skills as well as internet research skills
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer