Back to Category List
Employment Specialist (4458) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Casa Pacifica (Oceanside)
Employment Specialist – Mental Health Services for Transitional Residential Program
Hours: 24 hours per week; Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
CRF Internal Job Title: Employment Specialist
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. That means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
Located in Oceanside, CA, Casa Pacifica is a transitional residential program that assists people with chronic mental illness and dual diagnosis to move towards recovery and independent living. It is a Full Service Partnership and offers clients mental health services including psychiatric care, assistance with medication management, individual and group therapy, vocational assistance, case management, and peer support.
The residential component of the program is 6 to 9 months long and graduates can participate in an alumni program that will assist in their transition to a more independent lifestyle.
Typical Duties of the Employment Specialist:
The Employment Specialist works with a highly dynamic interdisciplinary team on a shared caseload, with the objective to assist clients to reintegrate back into school, the workforce, or volunteer positions. Duties include:
- Conduct initial behavioral, functional, and vocational assessments for clients
- Help clients develop vocational/educational goals and plans to facilitate reintegration into the workforce using a supported employment based model
- Assist clients in developing resumes and linking them with other employment resources
- Develop networks to increase job development and placement within the community
- Works with companies and with clients to facilitate and maintain job placements
- Provide intensive case management supports for the assigned clients
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling; Master's degree preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer