Back to Category List
Nurse - LVN (4436) (Temporary, Part-time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Areta Crowell (Bankers Hill), Douglas Young Clinic (Mira Mesa), Heartland (El Cajon), Jane Westin (Downtown SD), Maria Sardinas (San Ysidro), South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Temporary Nurse - LVN – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 8 – 29 hours per week depending on program needs. This position will support six outpatient programs: Areta Crowell Center (Bankers Hill), Douglas Young Center (Mira Mesa), Heartland Center (El Cajon), Jane Westin Center (Downtown), Maria Sardinas Center (South Bay), and South Bay Guidance Center (Chula Vista).
The duration of this temporary position is six months.
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in and around San Diego County, CA, our Wellness & Recovery Centers are adult outpatient programs that provide a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Nurse - LVN
- Assist multidisciplinary team with crisis intervention, psychiatric medical assessments, case management, and medication support services
- Monitors clients’ response to medications and reports any concerns to medical staff
- Ensures that clients and family members are educated and informed about their medications and illness management
- Monitors health care needs of the clients and obtains assistance from other health care providers as necessary
- Ensures all medications are managed and stored appropriately as defined by local and state regulations
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current California nursing license (LVN) and CPR/First Aid certification required and must be maintained throughout employment
- Minimum of one year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in an inpatient or outpatient psychiatric setting; able to assist mentally and physically in emergency situations
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified
professional and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing
review. Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer