Back to Category List
Mental Health Specialist (4429) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Advance North - Vista
Mental Health Specialist / PSR Specialist - Developmental Services Program
Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional evenings, weekends and after-hours crisis rotation coverage required.
CRF Internal Job Code: PSR Specialist
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
The Advance North program is a new and innovative crisis response team that support adults with I/DD and behavioral health challenges. These individuals will reside in their own place of residence, ILF, board and care, community-based supervised group homes operated by other agencies or may be homeless needing assistance with finding housing. The CRF crisis response team will provide mobile services to help the individuals succeed in their homes and in the community/
This program is considered essential, including times of public/community emergencies and/or pandemics. Crisis intervention may be needed during business hours, as well as occasional responding to evening and weekend crisis calls by phone.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Specialist
- Complete mental health assessments; assess/monitor clients strengths and skills
- Implement treatment plan to increase clients functional community and living skills
- Provide coordination of care between client providers and support systems
- Conduct individual and group counseling/psychotherapy sessions
- Provide crisis counseling and stabilization
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Work within an interdisciplinary team
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Excellent opportunity to work with dually-diagnosed adults
- Occasionally accompany clients to various appointments (doctors, housing)
- Attend team meetings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling
- License-eligible or registered in CA as an AMFT, ASW, or APCC - preferred, but not required
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Experience working with clients that have a development disability/intellectual disability
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer