Back to Category List
PSR/Mental Health Counselor, Bilingual (4423) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: StepForward East (El Cajon)
PSR Specialist / Mental Health Counselor (Bilingual Spanish or Arabic) – Mental Health Services for CalWORKs Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
CRF Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours! Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in El Cajon CA, Step Forward East provides a full range of behavioral health services for CalWORKs participants and their families in the East region. We work on reducing barriers toward employment, help parents and guardians to become self-sufficient and thrive. Services are provided for adults and their families in a caring and respectful atmosphere, encouraging independence, initiative, and recovery. Step Forward provides outpatient services, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Step Forward provides excellent training in the Mental Health field with strong emphasis in Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Seeking Safety, and Motivational Interviewing.
Typical Duties of the PSR Specialist
- Conduct psychological assessments, diagnosis, care coordination, and case management services
- Conduct therapeutic interventions with clients and members of their family, in a timely and professional manner, through individual, group, and family modalities
- Re-evaluate and update client's diagnosis and treatment plan, when clinically indicated and per guidelines
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning and performs collateral interviews as indicated, with all identified partners, such as schools, social services agencies, Welfare-to-Work staff, Substance Use Disorder Specialist, and other treatment providers.
- Conduct effective screenings and timely crisis intervention services with clients and their families on-site, off-site, and by phone in both languages.
- Maintain prompt, accurate, complete and professional documentation in English according to CRF's policies and procedures, the Uniform Clinical Record Manual, the CalWORKs program requirements, and the County of San Diego's contracted Pay Points.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Psychology with current registration with the BBS at a minimum
- Minimum of 2 years of experience conducting Behavioral Health Screenings and Psychosocial Assessments with adult survivors of trauma, intimate partner violence, post-traumatic stress disorder, and substance use disorders
- Successful completion of Cerner training and use of this EHR including BHAs, Client Plans, and Discharge Summaries strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in County Health and Human Services documentation requirements strongly preferred
- Bilingual required (Spanish or Arabic preferred)
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer