Back to Category List
Peer Specialist / Cafe Manager, Bilingual (4388) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Casa del Sol (South Bay)
Café Manager / Peer Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Clubhouse and Self-Help Services
Hours: 28 hours per week, Monday - Friday. The pay rate for this position is $14.00 per hour.
CRF Internal Job Title: Peer Specialist
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in south San Diego, CA, Casa Del Sol Clubhouse is a self-help rehabilitation services program which provides a variety of daily living activities and opportunities for vocational training and development.
Our members receive supports and guidance to allow them to integrate into the community and promote independence.
Typical Duties of the Café Manager / Peer Specialist
- Oversees all aspects of the Café Department and serves as the primary role of this position.
- Significant cooking and meal planning with the ability to follow recipes for large healthy meals serving 10-30 people
- Provides clubhouse members with one-on-one culinary and vocational on-the-job instruction, training, and coaching.
- Partners with members in the preparation and delivery of the daily lunch, weekly Brunch, monthly Luncheon, and monthly Celebration.
- Collaborates with members in the creation of menus for clubhouse events.
- Upholds oversight of all Café Department financial accounting and documentation. Administers clubhouse weekly shopping.
- Provides members with a monthly Clubhouse Food Handlers Certification class and maintains oversight of the Clubhouse Food Handlers Certification Program.
- Acts as an ambassador to the program by welcoming, providing orientation, and engage prospective clients to the program
- Utilizes experiences as a recipient of mental health services to enhance recovery efforts of clients within the program
- Promotes and models the concept of recovery to program participants
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team and shares practical insight related to illness management, life skills, and the lifelong recovery process
- Acts as an advocate for the client when appropriate
- May assist clients by driving to appointments, benefits applications, assessing social service needs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual Spanish is required
- High School diploma/GED or some college strongly preferred
- Experience working in social services is strongly preferred
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Supervisory experience is strongly preferred
- County of San Diego Food Managers Certification preferred; required after hire
- Previous experience working in mental health services is an advantage
- Peer Employment Training (PET) preferred; required after hire
- CPR/First Aid certification required and must be maintained during employment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer