Back to Category List
Housing Specialist (4383) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Downtown IMPACT (Golden Hills)
Housing Specialist – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm with occasional evening and weekend shifts required
This is an essential service position and you will qualify to receive the COVID vaccine once cleared to start working. CRF places staff and client safety at the forefront and follows all COVID-19 safety protocols and guidelines as outlined by San Diego County, the State of California, and the CDC.
CRF: Why It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services. At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
Located in San Diego, CA, the Downtown Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (Downtown IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Housing Specialist
The Housing Specialist manages Downtown IMPACT's housing subsidy operations and assists clients with accessing permanent housing options. Duties include:
- Assisting clients with enrollments into the program and maintaining their subsidy
- Supports clients to get onto permanent housing lists and provides housing skills training to ensure clients achieve an optimal level of health and functioning within the community
- Supports Housing First guidelines by providing training to staff and community members
- Help arrange moves to permanent and transitional housing specifically designed for persons with mental health issues
- Maintains relationships with property management and ILF and B&C owners in the community
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the community to maximize successful client housing placement
- High School diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of Housing First model is strongly preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in property management or working as a Housing Specialist strongly desired
- Previous experience in a mental health and/or geriatric experience strongly preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications, as well as internet research skills required
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business to conduct housing-related appointments, errands, and deliveries in San Diego County.
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer