Back to Category List
Billing Assistant (4326) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Billing Assistant – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 32 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Billing Assistant
- Performs data entry reporting and tracking, including Medicare and LIHP billing
- Checks monthly reports in Cerner for Service Entries and reconciles/contacts/faxes updated information to the County billing unit
- Assists clients to provide the documentation needed for health insurance/coverage
- Completes necessary client discharge documentation
- Works with the Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) County eligibility worker to establish or renew health insurance/coverage for clients
- Verifies MediCal and Medicare eligibility
- Maintains various spreadsheets for MediCal, Medicare, and LIHP enrollment
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with community, health, welfare and social agencies
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two years’ experience with medical billing and eligibility criteria: MediCal, Medicare, LIHP and other insurance sources.
- Experience using Electronic Health Record systems
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel applications
- Previous experience in a similar mental health program is desirable
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Must be able to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer