Back to Category List
Substance Abuse Specialist (4322) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Advance North - Vista
Substance Abuse Specialist - Adults - Developmental Services Program
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, with a rotation to take after-hour crisis phone calls.
Substance Abuse Specialist - Adults
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Community Research Foundation (CRF) is seeking a Substance Abuse Specialist to provide rehabilitation supports, training, and resources to serving adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities (ID/DD) and co-occurring behavioral health challenges.
CRF is starting a new and innovative crisis response team to support adults with ID/DD and behavioral health challenges in transitioning to the community from institutional settings. These individuals will reside in community-based supervised group homes operated by other agencies. The CRF crisis response team will provide mobile services to help the individuals succeed in these group homes and in the community. This position will help launch this new and exciting program by providing direct behavioral assessments, development of individualized treatment plans, crisis response services, individual and group therapy, education and consultation to group home staff and/or client's family, and coordinating follow-up services.
Typical Duties of the Substance Abuse Specialist
- Provides crisis intervention, case management and rehab services and provides and/or coordinates substance abuse assessment, treatment planning, and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of the clients served
- Provides individual and group substance abuse counseling
- Assists in developing and designing curriculum and facilitates co-occurring disorders groups
- Facilitates substance abuse groups and networks with community substance treatment providers
- Develops and maintains client service plans that address the needs of each individual served in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
- Provides cross-training for the rest of the team to deal effectively with substance abuse issues and optimize collaboration and support
- Services are provided in the clients’ homes as well as in community-based sites
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required with at least 2 years of experience with working with individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness, as well as co-occurring disorders; CADAC certification strongly preferred
- Candidates who are licensed-eligible with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences are encouraged to apply
- Two years’ experience training in substance abuse and/or addictions and previous experience providing substance abuse services within a mental health rehabilitation program
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Fluent bilingual Spanish – read, write, speak – preferred
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Able to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer