Back to Category List
Peer Specialist - Admin Support (4241) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: IMPACT (Linda Vista)
Peer Specialist - Admin Support – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Programs
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
CRF Internal Job Title: Peer Specialist
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in the Linda Vista area of San Diego, CA, the Intensive Mobile Psychosocial Assertive Community Treatment (IMPACT) program provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist - Admin Support
- Acts as an ambassador to the program by welcoming, providing orientation, and engage prospective clients to the program
- Utilizes experiences as a recipient of mental health services to enhance recovery efforts of clients within the program
- Promotes and models the concept of recovery to program participants
- Acts as an advocate for the client when appropriate
- Full-service clerical and reception duties including greeting visitors, answering multi-line phones and screening calls, taking messages, typing, filing, scheduling meetings, opening and distributing mail and performing data entry into program databases
- Assists with front office management and operations as directed
- Assists with company vehicle maintenance
- Assists with scheduling doctor’s appointments
- Reports and tracks information for program management
- Works collaboratively with all other members of the program team
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED or some college strongly preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience providing related services to the population is ideal; with Bachelor’s degree, two years’ experience is acceptable
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Peer Employment Training preferred; required after hire
- Previous experience working in mental health services is an advantage
- Excellent phone etiquette, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and maintain confidentiality required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization
and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer