Back to Category List
Program Director - Mental Health (4237) (Full-time, Salaried)
Program/Location: Corner Clubhouse (North Park)
Program Director – Clubhouse and Self-Help Services
Office Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm; Monday - Friday. This is a salaried position.
CRF: It’s A Great Place To Work!
Community Research Foundation inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges.
Located in the North Park area of San Diego, CA, Corner Clubhouse is a self-help rehabilitation service program which provide a variety daily living activities and opportunities for vocational training and development.
Our members receive supports and guidance to allow them to integrate into the community and promote independence.
Typical Duties of the Program Director
- Provides overall management and coordination of all program operations and services
- Management and supervision of: service delivery and client care; contract compliance according to County and State; budget monitoring; employees and consultants; staff training and development; and facility maintenance, quality control and safety procedures
- Oversees all admissions to the program and coordinates care with other mental health providers and community resources
- Available on a 24 hour basis for program consultation and crisis intervention if needed (although this is minimal in the clubhouse setting)
- Serves as a representative and liaison within the community providing outreach and education regarding program services
- Provides supervision to direct staff. Ensures staffing levels are managed to meet contractual requirements
- Leads all staff to include full personnel management functions, including interview/hiring, training, payroll/timesheet processing, development, evaluations, and performance counseling
- Acts as a role model for client care as well as provides hands-on assistance for program staff as appropriate
- Serves as a liaison to community and government mental health organizations, as well as other agencies connected to contract compliance and client tracking
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelor's degree in a mental health or social services related field preferred
- Required: 1+ years of experience in a social service setting
- Required: 2+ years of experience with mental health services
- 1+ years of management/supervisory experience strongly preferred
- 1+ years of management experience in a clubhouse setting preferred
- County-approved peer employment training is preferred
- Recovery as a family member of a person that has received mental health services or person that has received mental health services is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer