Back to Category List
Mental Health Counselor (4222) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Halcyon Center (El Cajon)
Mental Health Counselor / PSR Specialist – Mental Health Services for Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Hours: 16 - 24 hours per week; overnight shifts (Midnight to 8:00 am)
CRF Internal Job Title: PSR Specialist
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. For you, that means that you will have opportunities to learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure so that you can have fresh perspective and training. Need clinical supervision? We can help you get your hours. Best of all, you will be involved in helping people change their lives for the better!
We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in El Cajon, CA, Halcyon Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program that provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of the Mental Health Counselor
- Conduct initial psychological assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conduct individual and group counseling/psychotherapy sessions
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Excellent opportunity to work with dually-diagnosed adults
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a mental health-related field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling strongly preferred; Bachelor's degree in a mental health-related field may be considered
- Licensed or registered in CA as an AMFT, ASW, APCC - preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- First Aid/CPR certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plan, retirement benefits, and generous PTO (Paid Time Off). We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer