Back to Category List
Crisis Hotline Agent (4166) (Regular Part-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: After Hours Access Line (Oceanside)
Crisis Hotline Agent / APS - After Hours Access Line Agent (AHAL) Program – Mental Health Services for Transitional Residential Treatment Program
Hours: 16 hours per week; Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (morning shift).
CRF Internal Job Title: APS AHAL Agent
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in Oceanside, CA, the Adult Protective Services (APS) is based at our Casa Pacifica program. APS services include investigation of elder and dependent adult abuse, neglect, abandonment, and threats to the client’s mental, physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Casa Pacifica is a transitional residential program that assists people with chronic mental illness and dual diagnosis to move towards recovery and independent living. It is a Full Service Partnership and offers clients mental health services including psychiatric care, assistance with medication management, individual and group therapy, vocational assistance, case management, and peer support.
The residential component of the program is 6 to 9 months long and graduates can participate in an alumni program that will assist in their transition to a more independent lifestyle.
Typical Duties of the APS AHAL Agent
- The shift typically covers after-hours calls to APS, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Takes calls to the access line and screens, assesses, and takes APS report via hotline
- In the even of an emergency, will assist in securing the safety and wellbeing of anyone inside the building
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other related field is required
- At least 1 year of professional experience in mental health or crisis intervention; 2 years of experience is ideal
- CPR/First Aid certification is required and must be kept current during employment
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor in crisis situations is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer