Back to Category List
Peer Specialist (4164) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: South Bay Guidance Ctr (Chula Vista)
Peer Specialist – Mental Health Services for Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 32 hours per week; Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Thursday, 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in Chula Vista, CA (just 15 minutes south of Balboa Park), South Bay Guidance Center is an adult outpatient program which provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist
- Promotes and models the concept of recovery to the program participants (older adult population)
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team and shares practical insight related to illness management, life skills, and the lifelong recovery process
- Acts as an advocate for the client when appropriate
- May assist clients by driving to appointments, benefits applications, assessing social service needs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED or some college strongly preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience providing related services to the population is ideal; with Bachelor’s degree, two years’ experience is acceptable
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Knowledge with WRAP plans highly preferred
- Peer Employment Training preferred; required post hire
- Previous experience working in mental health services is an advantage
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff earn 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer