Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Nurse Coordinator - RN (4162) (Full-time, Salaried)
Program/Location: New Vistas (Downtown SD)
RN - Nurse Coordinator– Mental Health Services for Short-Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) Program
Hours: This is an exempt position and requires the ability to be on call for program consultations and needs. Shift is Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in San Diego, CA, New Vistas Crisis Center is a Short Term Acute Residential Treatment (START) program that provides intensive, community-based crisis residential services for adults throughout the North Coastal region of San Diego County. We deliver a unique alternative to psychiatric hospitalization to clients who are suffering a psychiatric crisis of such magnitude so as not to be manageable on an outpatient basis. Our services are provided in a home-like environment that specializes in the psychosocial rehabilitation of each individual.
Built around a bio-psychosocial approach, our multi-disciplinary team addresses each aspect of a client’s unique situation, including mental health, co-occurring substance abuse, housing, medical/medication needs, and establishing connections to social service supports within the community to facilitate successful transition beyond the START program.
Typical Duties of the Nurse Coordinator
- Coordinates and supervises the behavioral health nursing care of the program, including supervision of all nursing staff and management of infection control activities
- Assists multidisciplinary team with nursing assessment for incoming clients
- Ensures that clients and family members are educated and informed about their medications and illness management
- Oversees health care needs of the clients and acts as a liaison between clients and doctors
- Ensures all medications are managed and stored appropriately as defined by local and state regulations
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license and CPR/First Aid certification required and must be maintained throughout employment
- Minimum of one year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Ability to physically and mentally able to assist in emergency situations is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- A valid California driver’s license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance and credentialing review
Benefits: CRF takes your dedication seriously, and provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. Our full-time (30 hours or more) staff may earn up to 24 days of PTO per year plus generous holiday schedules; we offer top-of-the-line medical insurance, dental plans, paid life insurance, vision plans…and really generous retirement benefits. We also provide access to student loan repayment/forgiveness programs for graduates.
If you are applying to this position as a Licensed, Registered, Waivered, or Certified professional
and are offered the position, you will be required to pass a credentialing review.
Additional information will be provided at the post-offer stage.
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference
in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer