Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Peer Specialist - Mobile Outreach (4142) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Heartland (El Cajon)
Peer Specialist / Mobile Outreach – Adult Outpatient Program
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
CRF Internal Job Title: Peer Specialist
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in El Cajon, CA, Heartland Wellness and Recovery Center is an adult outpatient program that provides a variety of intervention services to individuals in crisis. We serve individuals with serious mental illness and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Our services include initial psychosocial assessments, psychiatric and medication evaluations, ongoing medication support services, limited individual and group counseling, supported housing, care coordination, case management, and linking clients with additional community-based supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist
- Act as an ambassador to the program, providing welcoming, orientation, and engagement to prospective clients
- At least 25% - 50% of time will be field/program based performing collateral interviews in partnership with the Case Manager / Mobile Outreach Clinician
- Participate in multidisciplinary treatment meetings by offering practical insight into recovery and illness management
- Help clients reach recovery-based goals and provides support and encouragement as a role model
- Promotes greater understanding of clients’ points of view and perspectives
- May transport clients as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED required
- Peer Employment Training (PET) preferred; required post hire
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Previous experience in a related field is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Reliable transportation is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. A valid California driver’s license in good standing and proof of insurance are required for employees driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer