Back to Category List
> Available Positions
Peer Specialist, Bilingual (4140) (Regular Full-Time, Hourly)
Program/Location: Adelante (Chula Vista)
Peer Support Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Mental Health Services for Assertive Community Treatment Programs
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
CRF: WHY IT’S A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Community Research Foundation (CRF) inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals! Our accredited programs reach various demographics, so you can gain experience with almost any sector of mental health services.
At CRF, we are constantly evolving and developing fresh approaches to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We have strong internal advancement options, so there are opportunities for you to grow within our company. Come join us!
CRF FOLLOWS ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES AS OUTLINED
BY SAN DIEGO COUNTY, THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE CDC.
Located in Chula Vista, CA, Adelante provides intensive, community-based case management services and housing for homeless adults throughout Southern San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients who are homeless, diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as to individuals with co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practices of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Strength-Based Case management, and the Housing First model to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals: living a life that is not dominated by mental illness, homelessness, or substance use. Our teams are a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, housing, and case management supports.
Typical Duties of the Peer Specialist
- Acts as an ambassador to the program by welcoming, providing orientation, and engage prospective clients to the program
- Utilizes experiences as a recipient of mental health services to enhance recovery efforts of clients within the program
- Promotes and models the concept of recovery to program participants
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary team and shares practical insight related to illness management, life skills, and the lifelong recovery process
- Acts as an advocate for the client when appropriate
- Assists clients by driving to appointments, benefits applications, assessing social service needs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bilingual Spanish is required for this position
- High School diploma/GED or some college strongly preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience providing related services to the population is ideal; with Bachelor’s degree, two years’ experience is acceptable
- Experience as a person who has received mental health services or has a close family member that has received mental health services is required
- Peer Employment Training (PET) preferred; required post hire
- Previous experience working in mental health services is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Be a part of our vibrant non-profit organization and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer