Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC) of Washington is a Non-profit, Community Action Agency (CAP) organization providing Community Services through federal, state and local agencies. Locations include Mt. Vernon, Moses Lake, Pasco, Sunnyside, Ellensburg, Seattle, Wenatchee, Omak and Yakima.
Our Mission is to promote human services, economic development, and affordable housing. We have been providing education and employment support to communities since 1971.
Our vision is to assist families with life's challenges.
We are proud to employ a diverse workforce to deliver job training in communities where the need is great.
It is the policy of OIC to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their marital status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
OIC of Washington is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids/services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For TTY relay, call 1-800-833-6388.
Back to Category List
Available Positions > Job Description
Yakima Area Community Centers Program Specialist (Temporary)
Select Location: Yakima
***This position is open until filled***
This position will assist in coordinating the day-to-day functions of the various programs operating within the HBCC. Will provide a safe and nurturing atmosphere for the community participants. Providing a pathway to improve the economic and educational status of community members and their children. This position conducts outreach and recruitment in the community to provide program detail information. Will deliver program services such as sports, music and art activities, counseling, and tutoring, in positive and compassionate manner. In addition will provide other supportive services to OIC clients. This position must establish a trusting and professional relationship with OIC clients, business and community partners and employers to be able meet the program’s goals and objectives.
Our generous benefits package includes:
LTD and STD
Retirement (OIC of WA contribution)
403b employee contribution
Paid Time Off (PTO)
11 Paid Holidays
Agency Wide Training
Agency Wide Community Events
- Provide support, coordination, and supervision of programs.
- Assist with seeking and coordinating donations, following established procedures.
- Participate in program event committees.
- Will participate in all outreach activities to provide program detailed information to the community
- Act as liaison for OIC with other organizations and service providers to provide mutual support and generate close working relationships.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss activities, policies, and participant behavioral problems.
- Provide participants with individual information on program services and referral services.
- Monitor, review, and document the progress of each participant in meeting the objectives of the program.
- Participates in the delivery of all program activities to program participants.
- Periodically meet individually with the program participants to determine progress and ensure program goals are met.
- Develop program specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Provide monthly program reports to the director.
- Enters client, participant, and volunteer information in the program data base, including, but not limited to, participant registration information, volunteer information and attendance and usage reports.
- Ensure all program registration forms are completed by community participants.
- Ensure volunteer applications are completed and review.
- Ensure all participants are treated with dignity and respect, and all children are treated appropriately by staff, volunteers, and other participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree in Social Services
- 2 years of experience in Social Services
- 2 years in providing direct client supportive services
- A combination of education and experience in lieu of educational requirements