Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC) of Washington is a Non-profit, Community Action Agency (CAP) organization providing Economic Development and Career Training Programs through federal, state, and local agencies. Locations include Mt. Vernon, Moses Lake, Pasco, Sunnyside, Ellensburg, Wenatchee, Omak, and Yakima.
It is OIC's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of their marital status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Back to Category List
Available Positions > Job Description
Support Services Counselor 1 - FT (School-Age Care/ Family Services) (Full Time)
The Support Services Counselor will assist the Family and School Age Care Services Manager in achieving programmatic success in Yakima. Under the supervision of the Family and School Age Care Services Manager, this position will implement the academic, recreation and childcare activities. This position will support training education and instructional material development and distribution. This position will support and mentor students in internship and work experience opportunities at childcare centers to equip them for careers in family and childcare industries.
• Maintain a safe educational and recreational environment;
• Observe and monitor children and youth engagement activities;
• Communicate with children’s/youth’s parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues;
• Support children’s/youth’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts;
• Care for children/youths in institutional settings, such as community centers, residential facilities, and youth shelters;
• Must work in partnership with the Career Counseling staff to ensure that students are making progress in achieving their Individual Success Plan (ISP);
• Will work with internal and external training partners and employers to place students;
• Provide counsel, comfort, or encouragement to individuals or families.
• Provide train-the-training and direct service instructional training programs and services;
• Facilitate and support parent and work experience training and modeling sessions;
• Other duties as assigned.
Pay range $20.57- $26.84 per hr. DOE