Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC) of Washington is a Non-profit, Community Action Agency (CAP) organization providing Community Services through federal, state and local agencies. Locations include Mt. Vernon, Moses Lake, Pasco, Sunnyside, Ellensburg, Seattle, Wenatchee, Omak and Yakima.
It is the policy of OIC to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their marital status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Back to Category List
Available Positions > Job Description
Sports and Recreation Coordinator YAKIMA (Full Time)
Sports and Recreation Coordinator
Develops, maintains, and facilitates positive relationships with and between volunteers, members, program participants, staff and colleagues at all levels of the organization; helps participants and families connect with each other and the OIC; and encourages parent or caregiver involvement. The Sports and Recreation Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of youth sports activities and volunteers and youth participating in those activities.
1. Articulate OIC of WA and Community Services missions to staff and clients and demonstrate a commitment to these missions.
2. Recruits, trains, and provides oversight of staff and volunteers for all sports and recreation programs under their purview.
3. Plans, organizes, and directs youth, volunteers, and community participants.
4. Ensures reference checks and volunteer/participant applications are completed prior to each person’s first day.
5. Maintains volunteer and participant records/files for reporting purposes.
6. Oversees sports and recreation programming including new programs, special events, and risk management in accordance with OIC guidelines.
7. Knows, follows, and enforces all OIC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures, and those for the prevention of child abuse; and supports other staff to do the same.
8. Supports members, program participants, and staff in achieving their goals through motivational support and guidance.
9. Stays up to date and assists with all facility changes including but not limited to events, holidays, schedule changes, and closures.
10.Communicates with staff, participants, and parents in a timely and professional manner and answers questions which support a positive experience with OIC.
11.Always maintains physical presence while on duty, remains aware of surroundings and participants ensuring a pleasant, professional, and safe environment.
12.Maintains program areas and equipment in an orderly and safe manner. Assists in maintenance and upkeep as required by OIC, Yakima County, and Washington State guidelines.
13.Active leader in membership retention goals and in the Annual Giving Campaign.
14.Attends all mandatory meetings and trainings.
15.Coordinate and provide details of OIC of WA community events to other agencies and organizations to ensure the target communities receive the details of the events.
16.Provides outreach by attending or participating in community events to provide the target community areas the information provided by the services of OIC of WA.
17.Other duties as assigned.
Our generous benefits package includes:
LTD and STD
Retirement (OIC of WA contribution)
403b employee contribution
Paid Time Off (PTO)
11 Paid Holidays
Agency Wide Training
Agency Wide Community Events