Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC) of Washington is a Non-profit, Community Action Agency (CAP) organization providing Community Services through federal, state and local agencies. Locations include Mt. Vernon, Moses Lake, Pasco, Sunnyside, Ellensburg, Seattle, Wenatchee, Omak and Yakima.
Our Mission is to promote human services, economic development, and affordable housing. We have been providing education and employment support to communities since 1971.
Our vision is to assist families with life's challenges.
We are proud to employ a diverse workforce to deliver job training in communities where the need is great.
It is the policy of OIC to provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their marital status, race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
OIC of Washington is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids/services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. For TTY relay, call 1-800-833-6388.
Back to Category List|
Available Positions > Job Description
HEP Program Recruitment and Retention Specialist (Full Time)
Select Location: Yakima
The Recruitment and Retention Specialist (RRS) will coordinate all outreach and recruitment efforts in target communities to identify eligible participants. This position will present information to local organizations, including churches, schools, migrant housing areas, and farms. The RRS will work with the Project Director and Placement Coordinator to expand existing relationships with social programs such as WIOA Program, Migrant Head Start, Migrant Health clinics and other service providers to the migrant community.
Our generous benefits package includes:
LTD and STD
Retirement (OIC of WA contribution)
403b employee contribution
Paid Time Off (PTO)
11 Paid Holidays
Agency Wide Training
Agency Wide Community Events
- Conduct ongoing interviews with head of households or other responsible person, to predetermine eligibility for the program;
- Will attend all required local and state Identification & Recruitment Training;
- Will work in partnership with the Instructional team, JDPS and HEP students to ensure that students’ academic progress is guided by each student’s Individual Success Plan (ISP);
- Will adhere to ethical procedures regarding the handling of students’ confidential information and complete/submit all required reporting paperwork and documentation in a timely and legible manner;
- Will review relevant research as it pertains to the migrant lifestyle, agricultural employment trends and information related in order to enhance service delivery;
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Work or related field
- A minimum have two years of experience working with MSFWs and human service programs
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English
- Year(s) of experience in lieu of educational requirements