Kansas Orthopaedic Center (KOC) brings highly skilled physicians and health care professionals together in a setting that provides comprehensive orthopaedic care to people throughout the region. KOC maintains a continuity of quality health care from diagnosis to recovery by integrating patient care, same-day surgery and rehabilitation services in a single facility. We help people get better.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran, unless there is a bona fide occupational disqualification. Applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Therapy Aide - OT (Full Time)
Location: Ridge Road - Main Office
Hours: Monday & Friday 7:30am- 5pm, Tuesday & Thursday 8am-3pm, and Wednesday 7am-5pm
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transports patients, as needed, to and from treatment area and prepares patients for treatment.
- Assists with treatment as directed by the Therapists or Therapy Assistants as allowed by State Practice Act and communicates with supervisor and other health care interdisciplinary team members regarding patient’s response to treatment.
- Keeps treatment areas clean, organized, stocked, and unobstructed.
- Provides assistance to receptionist and with clerical duties as needed.
- Punctual attendance to all facility in-services, department meetings and scheduled shifts.
- Contributes to a positive work climate and the overall team effort of the organization.
- Personally adhere to the standards, rules, and procedures of the KOC Compliance and HIPAA Programs and contribute to ensuring the organizational commitment to compliance and HIPAA regulations.
- High school diploma or GED
- 6 months exp. in the medical field (patient care & reception) preferred.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology; medical terminology
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and communicate (orally and written) effectively.
- Positive personality & interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients, staff and outside contacts.
- Good telephone etiquette
- Proficiency with Windows based applications