Back to Category List
Medical Receptionist (Full Time)
Location: 1326 Eisenhower Drive, Savannah, GA
SouthCoast Health Is Looking For A Full-time Medical Receptionist For Our Cardio Department
This position is in general one of the first and last points of contact that patients and patients family members will have of SouthCoast Health and therefore, is the first and last chance to make a strong positive impression.
- Ability to exercise professionalism in dealing with all levels of personnel, patients and patients' families.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Knowledge of computer system.
- Greet patients and family members in a positive, professional and helpful manner.
- Provide directions, information and other assistance as needed.
- Monitor physician's schedule to alert patients of wait time.
- Maintain patient confidentiality of pertinent medical information.
- Collect co-pays (may vary with location).
- Follow clinic protocol in alerting appropriate personnel in emergency situations.
- Performs or assists with non-clinical duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations.
- Assist with training new employees for the department.
- Coordinates work flow for department.
- Keeps team records. Provides project management and tracking, providing documentation of workflow results as required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one year experience in customer service setting, preferably six months receptionist experience in health care setting. Computer experience.
Competitive salary, health, HSA, dental, vision, life, long term disability, 401(K), supplemental insurance policies. Paid vacation, holidays, sick time, jury duty and bereavement leave. DFW, EOE, MFVD